Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Pizza tonight...What are your favorite Toppings?

WoodChuck
WoodChuck Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Folks the wife and I decided Friday we would cook pizza's on Sunday nite! Well here it is Sunday and I am lookin for pizza toppings! I am probably going to go with the following:[p]Red sauce with Feta, roma tomatoes, and basil. [p]But what I wanted to know was what do the Eggers Of The World put on as their FAVORITE pizza toppings![p]Let's all RAISE THE BAR - B - Q!

Comments

• Wood Chuck,
    the only meat should be prosciutto

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Wood Chuck,
    I like simple tomato sauce and stick pepperoni sliced thick.[p]We also like to saute up some onions and shrooms and smoke some chicken for chicken pizzas. I like feta on these.

• Wood Chuck,
    What you're planning sounds really good. I also like to make ham and pineapple and I recently started usiing bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce and then topping with chicken for a bbq chicken pizza. so that one is my current favorite.[p]Gwen

• Wood Chuck,
    I like pepperoni, jalepenos, and onions.[p]Jan[p]Always add hot sauce just prior to eating and finish the crust off w/a ceasar or ranch dressing as a dip.[p]Take 2 mylantas when done[p]Jan

• Wood Chuck,[p]Here is a shot of a pizza that I did not too long ago.
    It was fantastic! Thick sliced pepperoni, sliced bell peppers,
    green olives, mozzarella, red sauce, fennel sausage (pre-cooked),
    and fresh ricotta cheese.
    IMG_0150.jpg[p]I really like the slight hint of woodsmoke that an egged pizza picks up just from the lump. Two things that we've found to really draw in the smoke flavour are sliced olives and little balls of ricotta cheese. The smoke flavour is very subtle. Perfect![p]Cheers,[p]John