Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT blurry shots getting better ( pics)

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Outdoor shots with lots of light have gotten a lot better, after adjusting the manual settings on the Canon A80.

IMG_1790.gif

IMG_1794.gif

IMG_1798.gif

IMG_1799.gif

Now to work on the indoor shots, used flash on the sliced shot and think I used it on the whole roast shot too. They are still not clear enough, but I am encouraged. More practice !!
By the way, the sirloin tip (round) roast came out fantastic, using a recipe from the archives. Think it was Char Woody who posted it but it is from 2003, by Jim Minion. Injected it, coated with worcestshire
sauce and rub (sad, no DP up here) and then mustard. Came out so juicy and tender, yum.

IMG_1801.gif

IMG_1802.gif

[p]Thanks for all the free lessons, much appreciated.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    City Slicker,
    We can be of more help if you can please send us the food along with the photos so we can compare side by side.
    All looks super...Keep on cooking.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    City Slicker,
    A suggestion on the full sun leaf shots: You will get better results if you take these types of shots on a cloudy day or at least not in direct sunlight. I know this sounds counterintuitive but in direct sun the leaves burn out because the camera can't handle the full range from lightest to darkest. On a cloudy day that range of brightness is a lot less thereby allowing the camera a better chance of fitting the entire range into that of the CCD chip.[p]Hope this helps,
    Rich, a LONGTIME shooter

• Jeeves
    Jeeves Posts: 461
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]Looking good![p]-Jeeves
  • Photo Egg, I could use a little closer look at those sliced pieces too.[p]Great looking food!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,
    That is a good looking roast. You know, you never get it if you don't ask...First rule of sales.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • City Slicker
    Options
    Photo Egg,
    I can take a shot of the dirty plates maybe, as a reinactement of the event, but that is as close as you are going to get :)

• City Slicker,
    My girlfriend got me an A80 from a yard sale. It did not come with a manual and I am trying to set image files to a lower pixel but have been unsuccessful. Its set at the highest resolution. Can you shoot me an e-mail on how to change file size. PS I agree with MBR, better to shoot flowers on cloudy days after a rain storm. The colors are fuller. Thanks[p]Andres