Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Weekend...What's Cookin'?

Options
JD McGee
JD McGee Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I haven't picked up my BGE yet...I'm doing Beer Can Chickens, ABT's, and Fatties on my WSM.[p]JD
Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    JD McGee,
    You are really going to love your BGE, I keep thinking that I will use my WSM again, but I thought the same thing about my barrel smoker after I got the WSM, neither have been touched in years. -RP

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    AZRP,
    I was in the same line of thinking as you with the WSM. Last time it was used was the night I moved in my current home. And that was two years ago.Since then it has been in the same spot in the basement. Just dont feel like dealing with dirty water pans, briquets, and carrying it up the stairs in parts when I have he reliable ceramics ready to go on my deck.
    ST

• JD McGee
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Really?!...I would think the WSM as a water smoker would impart more moisture in to pork butts, briskets, and the like? Guess I'll find out soon enough. There's always Craig's List! LOL![p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • JD McGee
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Craig's List...make someone's day![p]JD
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    JD McGee,
    no no no...
    I has alot of real estate that I may need for a large get-tegether.
    ST

• RibDog
    RibDog Posts: 31
    Options
    JD McGee,[p]I have some nice Hereford ribeyes to cook up. Really looking forward to those![p]John
  • JD McGee
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]I understand...[p]JD
  • fonchik
    fonchik Posts: 92
    Options
    JD McGee,
    The only thing for sure that is cooking at my house this weekend are 4-5 racks of spare ribs on Sunday. My neighbor and I have started a holiday rib cook this year and using my two Large BGE makes cooking them easier than her metal barrel smoker. [p]I might try some lamb on Monday to go with the Baba Ghanoush I am going to make. [p]~~Linnea