Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Molly Shark's Brisket

Options
Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a good brisket receipe, we did see Molly prepare her brisket in Omaha and thought it was great. Molly if you are out their could you email or posting your receipe. If not does someone have a good or great brisket receipe to share. We are thinking brisket for Labor Day and would like directions.

Comments

• Grasshopper,[p]Yeah! That was good brisket at Omaha.[p]Hope she responds -- you might send her an email.[p]~ Broc[p]PS -- I'm the old geezer walking around looking like a neanderthal -- spinal injuries![p]~ :)[p]
  • Grasshopper
    Options
    Broc, just across the Muddy Mo from Omaha,
    Yes i remember you, in fact i believe we were sitting by you under the tent for awhile. We are the couple from Illinois. Do you have Molly's email?

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Grasshopper,[p]I have this whole stack of stuff to email out and have just been a lazy butt.[p]The recipe is the easiest. Not an original. The rub is from an old-time-egger, Elder Ward. I never achieved his cooking speeds, but the rest of the recipe will give you a great one every time. BTW, the one at Omaha was actually cooked incorrectly. Came out more dry than usual. I delegated the task of getting it on the egg and they put it on upside down...fat side down...and the setup wasn't quite right. Still turned out pretty good![p]Enjoy! MShark
    [ul][li]Best Brisket[/ul]
  • kgrocks
    kgrocks Posts: 2
    Options
    Grasshopper,
    I was there in Omaha also (I was the one with the long hair), the brisket was good! You should be able to get her information by going to the visitor section of the forum and her e-mail should be listed there! Good luck!

• mollyshark, This is the recipe I used last week for my first brisket. I didn't get the cook just right and mine turned out a little dry, but man! That sauce really tastes great. I want to try it again, but I think the final temp was a bit high. Wouldn't about 190* be enough for a small brisket instead of 202*?

• mollyshark
    Options
    DynaGreaseball,[p]190 is top pull in my book, yes. The rub is the best. Make a huge batch in a Cuisinart and just keep it in Rubbermaid or whatever. Make sure you are fat up, on a rack over a drip pan, and when you start...pour something in the drip pan. Fruit juice, beer, a science experiment. Once you get in the 185 range, it is safer to pull early than too hot. Wrap in foil/wrap in beach towel/stick somewhere safe for an hour. No big secrets!![p]mShark
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Fat up??[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • mollyshark
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Fat on the roof..yes, yep, and always. (although drbbq would disagree!)[p]mShark
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]I sure can't throw any stones. That is how I was taught to cook brisket, and did so for many, many years. (But fat direction and turning too is cooker specific). A few Eggers and WSM guys have convinced me to try fat down and I've tried that now for 4 or 5 years. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery