Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon Cooking times and temps

Options
Eager Egger
Eager Egger Posts: 236
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to cook Salmon on an Alder Plank tonight to break in my new gasket :-) I have done this over indirect heat on a 3 burner propane grill at 350 Degrees for 35 or 40 minutes. What is the suggested cooking time and temperature for the Lg BGE? The fillet is only 1.25 # since there's just two of us :-) I will be using the grill on an inverted plate setter on a plank. Will throw a few Alder chips on the fire also. I do have an external thermometer I could stick in the fillet. Any thoughts on food temperature when finished?
Thanks
Mike

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    EagerEgger,
    if you want the plank to smoke a bit, i'd lose the platesetter.[p]i pull it off the grill when the salmon is between 135/140.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    EagerEgger,[p]Hubby does ours about 15 minutes a side at around 350 degrees.[p]Gwen

• Eager Egger
    Options
    Wish I had taken a picture! I ended up cooking the salmon on a plank, on the grill on the top of the plate setter. Seasoned with Lawry's Seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper. Cooked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and it was PERFECT. Used some alder chips and it was not over smoked. Thanks for the advice. Basically almost like my propane grill, but about 10 minutes faster, much more flavor and there was no problem regulating the temperature.