Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gotta vertical roaster today - looking for a chicken recipe

Options
AnnaG
AnnaG Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi ya'll,[p]For part of my birthday present, the folks sent me to the BGE dealer with a blank check. I got a vertical turkey roaster among other things... So now I am looking for a recipe for chicken on the vertical roaster. I have searched the archives and came up with one recipe, but was wondering if anybody had any suggestions? [p]Thanks...
...AnnaG...[p]

Comments

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    AnnaG,
    Many years ago, I bought a complete set of the Spanek vertical fowl cookers. [p]My family will only eat fowl that is cooked vertical. I cook turkey, game hens & our favorite is capons. We do not cook fryers or the like.[p]They cook from the outside as well as the inside. Once an hour, I spritz with olive oil & apple juice. I cook @ 250.[p]The skin becomes golden brown & the meat falls off the bones.[p]We do not save or use the drippings.[p]

• AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Nessmuk,[p]How long do you cook it at 250?[p]Thanks...
    ...AnnaG...