Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HOW DO I COOK THEM; HELP!!!!

Options
Phil
Phil Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First, LOVE the EGG. Second, I am having a gathering of around 20 people on Sunday. I am going to do a pork shoulder and Brisket at the same time. I have absolutly no Idea of what I am doing. I would like to have them ready at the same time and have them cook at the same time. Should I put the shoulder on 2 hrs after the brisket? (you see i really have no clue). Can I put them both on the rib rack or should I purchase some new eggcessories? If I start the egg around six in the morning and set the temp will it be ready by 5:00. If I put them on the night before do I have to keep waking up to fix them? What is the best way to approach this? Do you mind giving me a recipe on how to cook the shoulder and the Brisket and what temp/hours/flavour. When to take the brisket off or when to put the pork on. Can I have them cook all at the same time then let them both rest in foil. HOW DO I COOK THEM!!!HELP Phil

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    phil,[p] IMHO: Do one or the other.. NOT BOTH.. Least not till you have cooked each separately several times..[p] Lets make sure you have the terms right. Pork Butt or Shoulder looks like a big brick shaped piece of meat.[p] If that is what you got you can't go wrong with Elder Ward's Recipe in the recipe section. The only difference that I do is that I don't ramp the temp up like he does. I keep the dome at 250 throughout the cook.[p] You can actually follow the same recipe if you have the fresh ham. [p] As for Brisket.. I beleive there is one or two recipes on <a href="http://www.wessb.com"<Wessb's Site</a> for brisket.[p]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,761
    Options
    2005002310.jpg
    <p />phil,
    this is the setup to cook both at the same time, you need to put a platesetter, firebricks,or pizza stone under this setup for an inderect cook. 250 dome and follow elderwards pulled pork tutorial in the recipe section (make sure to copy all four parts). my cooks generally take 12 hours for a brisket flat and 14 hours for the butt with 7 or 8 pound pieces plus you want to rest them in a cooler for 4 hours plus or minus wrapped in foil. all the meat goes in at the same time. big cook, 20 people, i wouldn't sleep much. i would probably cook some pulled pork ahead of time to reheat as a backup plan as this sounds like your first overnighter.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    phil, till you know what your doing stay with burgers, chicken and hotdogs