Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peoria Eggfest

Options
Lab Rat
Lab Rat Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got home from the Peoria Eggfest and wanted to say a big thank you to the owners of the Hearth and Patio for hosting a great outing![p]I also want to post a big thank you to all the folks doing the cooking! What the fest lacked in size and numbers, it more than made up for with the great food, hospitality and fellowship![p]It was nice to meet some of the folks that have posted on the forum.[p]What a great obsession![p]

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Lab Rat,
    How many Egg were cooking? -RP

• Lab Rat
    Lab Rat Posts: 147
    Options
    AZRP,[p]There were about 12 eggs fired up. [p]The dishes included egg casseroles (three varieties), chocolate banana nut bread, monkey bread, marinated boneless pork ribs (2 varieties), chicken cordon bleu, herbed baked bread with roasted garlic, marinated cauliflower skewers, gyros loaf (ala Alton Brown's recipe), chicken wings, cranberry/pear/blue cheese stuffed pork loin, crowned rack of pork with stuffing, pork tenderloin with a jalapaneo/herb marinade, pork tenderloin with coffee/black pepper marinade (ala Molly Shark's recipe), Mediterranean marinated flank steak, goat cheese and carmelized onion bruschetta, brats and ABTs! (My apolgies to the chefs if I missed or misstated anyone's dish)[p]The hosts provided drinks (including some fantastic rootbeer floats).[p]Everthing was fantastic and everyone seemend to have a great time![p]We'll definately attend again next year![p]
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Lab Rat,
    You really said it well, John. The weather cooperated and as always the camaraderie between old, new, and wantabee eggers flowed well. H & P deservea high praise and thanks again for sponsoring this Peoria Eggfest - the 5th one at that! See ya next year!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper Posts: 108
    Options
    I came over from Kankakee, not knowing what to expect, but it was great. You Peoria guys are great cooks. Loved the ABTs, wings, and too much more to mention. I wish i was better at names, but it was nice to be able to associate a face to RRP. AZRP talk to me which member were you. Anyway my lovely wife purchase a table for me so now i can cook in style. The guys at H&P were great. Keep up the tradition. Thinking of cooking next year. Remember to plan on Atlanta in October.
    Grasshopper

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Grasshopper,
    I was only there in spirit. -RP