Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork Question

Options
El Jefe
El Jefe Posts: 96
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
long story short. looking to serve pulled pork tomorrow around 2:00pm. it's at 160 now, i imagine will be done around midnight. should i place it immediately in the fridge? or foil it for a few hours in an icechest the put in fridge? also, tips on reheating would be appreciated.[p]thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    El Jefe,[p]Here is one that Larry has used and I have tasted the results. Great.[p]Pork, Butt, Pulled, Larry’s Cheater’s Pulled Pork Sandwiches, QBH

This is not so much a recipe, as a technique.I wanted to serve pulled pork for lunch, but was unable to tend the grill overnight.

1 I rubbed an 8lb boston butt with yellow mustard, followed by Dizzy Pigs Raging River rub. Wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.
    2 In the morning I cooked it indirect, about 225°F.-250°F. using cherry and hickory chunks for smoke flavor, until the internal temp reached 195°F. about 14 hours.
    3 When the butt was done, I wrapped it in foil with a mixture of apple juice and BBQ sauce (I use a locally produced sauce from David Barbecue in Gainesville), and stuck it in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
    4 On the morning of the Florida Eggfest '06, I reheated the butt at about 250°F.-300°F. still wrapped in foil, for about 3 hours, then pulled it, mixing it with a combination of David’s hot and mild bbq sauces and some apple juice.
    5 For the Florida Eggfest '06, I ordered some Silver Dollar rolls from Publix bakery. These tiny rolls are perfect for sample sizes sandwiches. Piled the pulled pork, and some coleslaw on the rolls and served.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat, Sandwich

Recipe Source
    Author: Larry Lambert (QBH)[p]Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '06, QBH

• El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    Richard,
    Thanks! I'll file that one for later. We have a short window for reheating, about 30 minutes, hour max (should have stated earlier). I was thinking of pulling it tonight, putting in fridge, adding coke, putting in oven at 300-350, tossing often until heated. What do you think?

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    El Jefe,[p] Don't do the oven. Put the pulled pork in Zip Lock bags or if you can vacuum seal. Before serving place the zip lock bags in boiling water. Just make sure they are sealed well and the zipper stays out of the water.[p]