Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Helpful Hint-Be Ready!

Options
BYC
BYC Posts: 358
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My neighbor just asked to watch me load up 6 slabs of ribs on the LG. After watching he asked me how I was able to get everything on there so fast and set temps to 235. Plate setter, drip pan, garte, rack, ribs. He said it usually took him 15-20 minutes and he had a terrible time stabalizing temps once he closed everything up. Sound familar??? So I told him I would come up and help with his Memorial Day rib deployment, which he had not planned on starting until 4. His guests arrive at 6. Sound familar? Well when I got there he was putting the plate setter indside the Egg but everything else needed remained in the garage and kitchen and not beisde the cooker. Meanwhile EGG temps were climbing because he had the lid open while chasing down all of his stuff. His dogs were barking, the phone was ringing, the TV was blarring, the beer was getting hot--UGH! What is wrong with this picture? hmmmmmmmmmmmm[p]Remember on Food TV how thay have all of those little bowls of stuff chopped up and ready to cook? Rule 1 in competition and at home is to have everything ready to GO when the cooker is opened. My guess is that many cooks start off like his and as a result temps start out high and cannot be brought down. Remember there's air flowing into that pit when the lid is open. [p]Just a real time Memorial Day observation and some friendly Eggly advice. All is now well with both Eggs in the hood. As TE says NEXT?[p]BTW--His name is Bruce and he approved this message..;)[p]Much thanks to those who have and continue to serve this great nation. These butts are for you!

Comments