Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, burgers, dogs, salads...

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...beers, chips, cookies, ice cream. And a bunch of other assorted stuff. Wine coolers?!? Cupcakes. These big sausage/brat things someone just handed me. That's what I'm doing today. Guests just arrived. I'm on a lager kick again and have too many Sam Adams Boston Lagers, Brooklyn Lagers, and Anchor Summer Ales (a wheat beer, apparently, for a change of pace). I'm reading Ambitious Brew, and Brooklyn Lager is supposedly a pre-prohibition lager like the ones I'm reading about. But I digress...[p]Anywho, lots of cooking, eating, drinking, and lounging around going on today for a pre-Memorial day party. Tomorrow will likely eat salad and drink water all day.[p]Have good ones, everyone![p]Later,
Cornfed

Comments

• Cornfed,
    What does that mean, "too many beers"?

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Cornfed,
    Sounds like fun. I'm enjoying sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing except cooking. I'm downloading a bunch of new tunes (thanks) and cooking all the stuff I've been craving all year. No BBQ being cooked here this long weekend.[p]The menu includes for the whole weekend...Kabobs, Fajitas, Tuscany Chicken Salad, Stuffed Crabs, Shrimp, Flat Iron Steak, Veggies, and some Brats in Beer. I'll post the pictures tomorrow sometime.[p]Hope you continue to have an awesome weekend my friend.

• Beachbum
    Beachbum Posts: 61
    Bobby-Q,[p]Tuscany Chicken salad??? Do tell.... sounds good!

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Beachbum,
    It's pretty simple actually. My sister was just here "grilling" me about it so I'll be happy to recount the recipe and maybe she will read this.[p]Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I used about 3 huge ones)
    Herb mix (This was oregano, rosemary, basil, onion powder, and black pepper)
    Olive Oil[p]Just coat the breasts in olive oil and then the herb mixture. I cooked them at 400° direct until they were 160°. Let them cool and then chop them into cubes.[p]I then mixed the chicken with some diced onion, mayonaise (Miracle Whip because I couldn't find the Helman's), yellow mustard (wanted Dijon but couldn't find that either), and some pesto.[p]It's actually pretty tasty.

• Cornfed
    Bobby-Q,[p]Thanks! Sounds great. My guests just left, so it's just me and the lady friend. I'm decompressing with a few post-party beers and watching some TV. Enjoy the music![p]Cornfed
  • Beachbum
    Beachbum Posts: 61
    Bobby-Q,
    Putting in my recipe file... that sounds yummy![p]Thanks!
    Lisa

• Cornfed
    Hank,[p]You are right to correct me on that one. You can never have too many beers. It's not like I get penalized if there are any left over (which inevitably never happens :)[p]I don't have to work tomorrow, so yeah - too many beers is an impossible number :)[p]Later,
    Cornfed