Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Sirloin Tip help needed please

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have an 8.5 pounder ready to put in the egg. I used to do these things on the rotiserrie(sp) on the old gasser, and they came out great. Well great for the pre-egg experience. Archive search has me confused. At this point I am going to go indirect with feet up plate setter on the XL and grid extender. Will have v-rack sitting in dry drip pan up on raised grid. 350 temp and thinking 3 to 4 hours cooking time. Questions, what internal temp to pull it off at and how long to let it sit wrapped up to get a nice juicy pink center? Is this an ok way to do it or am I way off base ? Thanks for advice, have an hour or so before I fire up the egg.

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    City Slicker,[p]I think you are on the right track, but I don't believe it will take 3-4 hours at 350 degrees. More like 2 hours. I would pull it off at 125 degrees internal and rest in a cooler for 30 minutes to get medium-rare. Good luck!
  • City Slicker
    Options
    KevinH,
    Whoa, good thing you answered Kevin! I will shoot for the shorter cook time and I never would of pulled it off at 125, having had no exp as of yet with a big roast. Will do as you suggest and throw it in a warm cooler. Thanks again, Roger