Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT............First Time

City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I walked past the deli counter at the local Barn store and there was a stack of stuffed Jalapeno's. Having never ever had any, I bought some and brought them home. Cut them open and took out the cheese and put in some Dizzy River sausage meat and then replaced the cheeze and wrapped them in bacon. Did them indirect at 400 for an hour with a drip pan protecting my plate setter.

ABT-on-the-grill.gif

Now none of us have ever tried a jalepeno any thing before so I was the guinnea pig. Wow was that fantastic. I remembered my before/after pic so I grabbed the camera.

last-ABT.gif

Only this little one was still standing LOL, and then I had to split it with the wife ! An old stand-by for most of you EggVets and a new appetizer delight for us !

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    City Slicker,
    What a deal! Already made up??? Now that's convenience!

• City Slicker,
    Next time try some Dizzy Pig Rub on the bacon befor you cook them. Makes them even better!
    Jack

• City Slicker,
    Already made? Seriously that alone saved you a hell of a lot of time. We've tried different fillings each time we've made them. I'd really like to try making them with pulled pork. Some friends of mine like really spicy food so I'm toying with the idea of adding some wasabi to a batch too.[p]Great, now you've got me thinking about ABTs for next weekend. SSSSSHHHH...don't tell the wife!