Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My birthday gift

Options
JM3
JM3 Posts: 272
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well my parents gave a great birthday gift this year. It just got here yesterday. I Foodsaver V2840. Time to start learning how to use what it has looked like is a great BGE accessory. Any recommendations?[p]John
[ul][li]Foodsaver V2840[/ul]

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    JM3,[p] Buy more bags!!![p]
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    JM3, my recommendation is to go buy 20 pounds of boston butt and do some pulled pork to practice bagging. That is, bag what you don't eat. You will enjoy it. One piece of advice is that very soft and very liquidy (word?) items seal best after freezing. The other fun thing to do is to bag a couple of marshmallows. Then put a couple of marshmallows in a jar and vacuum seal that. Fun to watch. Kids love it especially.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    JM3,
    Go to Costco and buy a whole ribeye, slice it into 1 1/2" thick steaks, freeze them, then bag them up. Great price for good steaks. -RP

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    JM3,
    buy some of the cannisters if you didn't get any with it. great for storing cereal, pretzels, rubs, etc etc. Oh, and you may want a bigger freezer!

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    JM3,[p]We do fresh vegetables. Blanch them for 3 or 4 minutes (*see the owners manual)then into ice water to stop the cooking process pat dry and freeze. When you're ready thaw and drop into boiling water in the FoodSaver bag for 2 or three minutes and enjoy fresh veggies! We wouldn't be without our FoodSaver ever again. We buy the rolls instead of the precut bags and they never seem to go on sale. So keep a sharp eye out at Target. They seem to have them once in a while for a buck or two off.