Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I injectioned my butt with the wrong stuff!!!

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm doing a pair of 7Lb butts and accidentally used my vinegar finishing BBQ sauce to inject one of them instead of the Dr. BBQ Big Pig style I planned on using. Oh well, we'll see how his vinegar sauce mixed with a cup of Bone Sucking sauce tastes as an injection mix. I use this as my Carolina Vinegar BBQ sauce and most people love it. I was wondering why we had to filter it so much. Funny enough, I had planned to try this some day.[p]The other is a Dizzy Dust/Raging River rubbed butt. Cherry and Hickory for smoke. Didn't soak as I usually do, so we'll see.[p]I hate distractions when cooking. [p]Wait a second, no I don't! :-)

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    Unrelated, but I wanted to say thanks again for the Pizza Recipe I got several weeks ago. I am letting the dough finish rising two hours before I put it in the fridge overnight. My wife even requested me to make it :=)[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist
    P.S. Is the Dr. BBQ Big Pig style injection in one of his books if so what page?? and what book thanks!

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    Pharmeggist,[p]You are more than welcome. Sounds like you have the dough where you like it. I use it for bread & stuffed sandwiches. However, that’s another thread.[p]Yes, the Big Pig is in his first; book Big-Time Barbecue Cookbook, page 40. I added the Big Time rub to it, but it hasn't been used yet.[p]What I used was from page 22 of the same book with 1 cup of Bone Suckin’ Sauce in place of the ketchup for the Western Carolina style modification. [p]Glad the pizza information helped.[p]BP