Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whats for Dinner???

Options
Gene613
Gene613 Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok so I don't know what to cook for dinner, I have ground beef laid out so it will have to be something with it. I really don't want burgers unless someone just has an AWESOME recipe (as I don't have any buns and don't want to go to the store). Kids got a new swing set today so I figure I will fire up the egg and let them play while I cook and we may possibly eat on the patio seeing as its about 70 right now and probably wont cool off to much before dinner time. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Gene613, Use the burger instead of brisket,as I usually do. Sorry about the trip to the store, Scott[p]Brisket & Mushroom Stuffed Bell Peppers
    by Scott Borders (Borders)
    6 small yellow bell peppers
    2 cups cups chopped smoked brisket
    2 cups white rice, slightly underdone
    2 large mushroom caps
    1-2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 tsp. Kosher salt
    2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
    1 tsp. Ken Stone's EZ Life Rub
    1 handful peach wood chips
    1. Prepare your Egg for indirect smoking at 350 degrees
    2. Although this is not necessary, this was for an Egg Fest, so I went the extra step
    of using smoked brisket. I usually use sautéed ground sirloin.
    3. Cut the tops out of the peppers and remove ribs and seeds. Salt and pepper the
    insides
    4. Mix all of the remaining ingredients except the EZ Life rub in a large bowl.
    Spoon the stuffing into your peppers. There's great flexibility here. You can stuff
    tightly or loosely. You may have extra for another pepper or 2. You may just spoon
    directly into your mouth.
    5. Top each pepper with extra mozzarella and a dash of Ken Stone's EZ Life rub
    6. Add your wood chips to your Egg, and cook until the peppers begin to soften.
    This takes about 1 hour. Pull them and serve whole, halved or quartered[p]

• Gene613,
    I'd suggest hamburger helper since you have no buns!!LOL
    Maybe some cold beverages on the side.
    70 degrees sounds good to me. Haven't seen that for quite some time.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Gene613,
    A quick pot of Chile. Put the dutch oven on the egg with out the lid.
    R&J

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p] I assume you meant the Dutch Oven's lid and not the Eggs :)[p]"Put the Dutch Oven without lid on the Egg." [p]sowry!!![p]
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    You are correct do not cover the Dutch Oven, but do close the lid of the BGE.
    R&J