Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picture of table with L and XL BGE?

a stick
a stick Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm considering an addition to the family, my L needs a big brother. Has anyone built a table for the two biggest Eggs and snapped a few pics? I'm thinking the two eggs on the outside with a 16 x 16 tile between the two behemouths. Looked on the Naked Whiz's photo gallery, but didn't see an L and XL together. Definitely putting wheels on so we can transport the entire setup for competition.[p]Thanks in advance

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    astick,
    yeah and better make those heavy duty big wheels - and a small block V-8 might be a good idea to move that baby!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    RRP,[p]It's not that bad.. 8 hp Briggs and Stratton should work..
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Celtic Wolf,
    but he couldn't lay rubber with 8hp! Gotta make a first impression pulling into competition don'tchaknow!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • astick,[p]DrBBQ just got one shorthly ago. Wait til you see it. That is all I can say.[p]I think he is down in Miami this weekend but I am sure he will post something as soon as he sees this.[p]John
  • RRP,[p]I'm thinking 18 in wheels should do me just fine ... :=)
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    astick,[p]Yes I do have one. I used a BGE cypress table for the XL to start with. The difference between the shelf to top height between the L and XL is 2-1/2" so I just split the difference and dropped the shelf 1-1/4". As long as you use patio blocks underneath the eggs this will work fine. My L sits up a little high but it's OK. Then a hole was cut for the L and some extra bracing was added. [p]I did a few other mods.
    I framed the patio blocks with 1"x2"s so that when they crack they will stay in place when traveling.
    I applied three heavy coats of Sparr Polyurethane.
    I got bigger wheels. Not huge but 5"ers make it move pretty well.
    I added some green LED lights and some green neon underneath. [p]I think Bobby has a couple pics before the lights were added. If not I'll take some next weekend.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq,[p]Sounds really nice. My current table is cedar which has weathered nicely over the past 4 years. I've also considered modifying it or starting from scratch. Its built entirely with 2 x 4's except for 4x4 legs. Its so heavy I almost need a crane to move it.
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    astick,[p]Mine's probably not that heavy but nobody is gonna be picking it up either. That's why we have wheels!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    tableclosed.jpg
    <p />astick, I’ve done the renovation table trick. I built it originally for a medium and XL combo, but opted for the large instead and started welding stuff. The base table is approx. 30x72. The middle cabinet is handy for storing lump. The two drawers are recessed in to help keep rain out. Under the eggs are 16x16 stones and a sheet of stainless. It's all cedar and Corian top. The fold up side shelves are cool to have. I figure what I have in the table could rival any developing nation's GNP. LOL[p]table.jpg

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • tjv,[p]Wow, its a beauty! The Corian top looks great on top of everything else.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    astick,
    I like the big umbrella over everything