Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatties ??

Options
Kyle
Kyle Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I see lots of pictures of things that look awfully good called "fatties"[p]Is there a recipe needed in making them, or are they just slow cooked sausage?[p]I hope all are having a nice day.[p]Kyle

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    Options
    Kyle,[p]They are just slow cooked sausage.
    [ul][li]Here's thirdeye's recipe[/ul]
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Kyle,[p] Any one pound roll of bulk sausage. I have been known to flatten them out, lay some sliced Jalapenos, and cheddar on them and roll them back up. Roll them in your favorite rub. [p]fatties.jpg
  • 13feb07_1-003.jpg
    <p />Kyle,[p]1 pound tubes of pork sausage such as jimmy dean
    or 1 pound bulk sausage from the local butcher.[p]i took the two in the back to a friend's bar/restaurant/carry out tonight...
    i told him i was going to retire and travel the country on a bbq road trip and i needed a sponsor...
    he is in![p]all hail the power of the smoked fattie!

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]You got a sponsor for a Jack Kerouac BBQ crawl??? Well, those fatties do look darn good. [p]The best I ever got was a marriage proposal after one of the gals at the saloon had some of my tamales.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery