Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for Bobbyq or drbbq etc.

Charles in SC
Charles in SC Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What bbq contests is BGE sponsering this year? As in which ones are giving away eggs as part of the prize packages? Are they all KCBS or if not what others?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hey yo Charles. Hope you are well. I'm sure Bobby and Ray will chime in, but just wanted to say there is a whole bunch of them down your way. All of them award an egg and table to the GC from what I be hearin'. You could win several the way you have been cooking. You got room on your patio?
    Hope to see you soon. You comin' North at all?
    Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,
    My deck is getting kind of full, I got 3 now. We have not really deceided what contests we are doing yet but we might come north just to get away from all the free eggs;)
    I got a large at Dillard last year.
    See ya on the trail

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Hi Charles,
    There's 46 KCBS, 1 FBA, the Canadian Championship in Barrie and a couple IBCA in Texas. Bobby's getting the list finalized and it'll be public soon. I can tell you that Winter Haven next week has one and Mobile has one coming in March. Then it starts getting thick after that. I'm not sure how many states total but we got 'em going to California, Washington, Oregon, Vermont, New Mexico, Canada and all points in between.[p]

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Charles in SC,
    Hey Mr. Pitmeister. We're gonna be back at Dillard again this year with at least one Larg EGG in a table with a grill gripper, ash tool, and a bag of Charcoal.[p]We're doing a special promo this year called "The 50 EGG Club. If you wanna be in it...you gotta win it!" It's 50 contests, 50 Champions and 50 EGGs.[p]We're gonna have a special web page up just for the promo and it shold be up and running maybe as early as tomorrow. I'm making a chart that has all 50 of the contests on it and I'll be updating it as to who the newest members of the 50 egg Club are.[p]This promo is huge and is going to be the buzz of the BBQ world all season long, well we hope it will be anyway.[p]Good luck to you this season and I hope to see you as a card carrying member of "The 50 EGG Club" !!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Bobby-Q,[p]This is just awesome. BGE has really been stepping up lately on the marketing/promotional side of things. Great job,
    Cornfed

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Cornfed,
    they should partner with the GoDaddy folks and run a superbowl commercial with that chick flipping burgers![p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • drbbq,[p]Westmont??? It's a go... Did you find anything out?