Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The BGE Proves its Value

Options
Nessmuk
Nessmuk Posts: 251
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was 32 degrees on the patio with strong wind gusts. I began on the metal cooker with a ham, stuffed pork chops, ribs & burnt ends. The smoker maintained the temp up to the grill but the wind cooled the chamber & the products weren't cooking on top.[p]I lit the BGE & stabaliazed the temp @ 250. I then moved all products to the egg. In spite of the strong winds, it maintained a dome temp so that it cooked from both top & bottom.[p]The results were perfectly cooked meats.[p]Thanks to the ceramic mass of the egg.[p]After many years of grilling/smoking there are still lessons to be learned.[p]

Comments

• Nessmuk,
    First Lesson, loose the metal cooker and stick with the egg... Seriously though I have used the egg in much lower temperatures and never had any problems, it holds heat perfectly and very easy to use.
    02_05_0.jpg

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    I have cooked down to zero with no problems. The wind made the difference between the egg & metal chamber cookers.[p]From now on the egg will be the cooker of choice when it is windy & cold.

• An Egg Downunder
    Options
    Nessmuk,[p]It was also 32 degrees in sunny Brisbane, Australia on Christmas Day - but that's degrees Celsius! I did my egging on Christmas Eve night. First up were smoked and spiced macadamias, followed up by a large turkey breast and finally some of Dizzy Pig's breaded chicken wings for supper.[p]The nuts were served on Christmas Day along with the cold turkey which was marinated overnight with pan juices and cider/apple juice. [p] [p]