Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Standing Rib - gravy from the drippings

Options
Newville
Newville Posts: 84
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any sugestions for those that like gravy on their meat? I am using a drip pan with a little red wine in it along with the drippings.

Comments

• Newville, sorry, but this is probably too late for you this time, but here is what I'd do: After roast is removed and setting on the counter, add a 14 oz. can of low salt beef bouillon to the drip pan. Heat the drip pan on the Egg grid, or over a medium heat on a gas or electric cook stove. Stir with a metal or silicone whisk until the crusty stuff is mixed well with everything. I'd mince about a tablespoon of meat from the roast, add it to the pan. Once it starts to simmer, either add cold water and corn starch, or my preference, seasoned flour mixed with cold water, and whisk that in and stir until thickened. May need to add water to the original bouillon if fixing a larger amount of gravy. For darker color, add a tablespoon or 2 of Kitchen Bouquet and stir at the end. Hope this is of some help to you.

• Newville
    Options
    emjazz in Kansas,
    Thank you for the recomendations. I am going to try this next time ... it sounds like just the thing I was looking for. Hope you had an outstanding Christmas!