Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Lonely Moron (PICS....lots)

Options
Newbs
Newbs Posts: 188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When I read Stikes post about his initial thoughts on people taking pictures of their dinner and posting them on the forum and how he originally thought them all to be "lonely morons", I laughed out loud. I told my wife that if I were ever to start taking pictures of my dinner and posting them here that she was to slap me. After nine or ten months of admiring everyone's beautiful pictures and realizing how much I love the posts with pictures, here I am...another lonely moron...posting pictures of my dinner. Hope it works.[p]Started yesterday. Mixed up a batch of Tandoori marinade and tossed in some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Left them in the fridge for 24 hours.
tandoorichicken001.jpg

Got the egg heated up to 450 and placed the chicken on the grill. This is what they looked like after the first turn at 5-7 mins into the cook.
tandoorichicken004.jpg

Off the egg after 20 mins, or so, just resting.
tandoorichicken006.jpg
Here is my poor daughter, waiting patiently for her whacky father to hurry up with the camera and serve the chicken.
tandoorichicken007.jpg

And finally, all plated up with some Basmati rice, a dollop of apple and raisin chutney and a nice tomato slice with boconccini and fresh basil. Delicious meal.
tandoorichicken008.jpg[p]Here is the recipe for the Tandoori Marinade, should you want to give it a whirl.[p]1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP Canola Oil
1/2 Cup low-fat plain yoghurt
2 TBSP Minced Ginger root.
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 TBSP minced jalapeno pepper
2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 lbs of chicken[p]Enjoy.....John

[p]

Comments