Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe ideas for a larger gathering

Options
AL
AL Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Everyone.[p]Hopefully one day I'll know enough to answer questions instead of asking them![p]We are hosting a family gathering for around 15 people. Can you recommend some budget minded beef recipes? The only one I have in mind right now is the Naked Whiz's London Broil which I am a big fan of.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Al,
    Three tri-tips would take care of 15 people. -RP

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Al,
    Eye of round is usually pretty inexpensive. It's also very lean, so you may want to brine it or at the very least marinate it. For 15 people, I'd pick up 9 or 10 pounds of eye of round, marinate overnight in a garlicky dressing, and slow roast (around 275 degrees) it to an internal temp of 170. Slice it razor thin, serve on fresh kaiser rolls.[p]HTH
    Ken

• AL
    AL Posts: 81
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    thank you...roughly how long I should plan for the cooking time?

• BlueSmoke,[p]A good marinade for that eye of round. Also good with a rib roast.[p]1 & 1/3 cups red wine
    1 & 1/3 cups red wine vinegar
    1/3 cup olive oil
    4 teaspoons dried rosemary
    4 garlic cloves minced
    2 teaspoons dried thyme[p]Marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
    Drain and rub with:
    1 & 1/2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
    1 & 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt[p]Slow cook at 200* to 220* about 45 to 50 minutes per pound to rare.[p]Good luck,
    Mike

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Al,
    I'd start from 15 mins. per pount. The eye of rounds I see locally run about 3 to 4 pounds each, so I'd start my guesstimate at 45 minutes.[p]HTH
    Ken