Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Direct or Indirect

Options
Jerome Poole
Jerome Poole Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook 3 full pork loins on my BGE. I have already put rub on these and they are in the refrigerator. Would like some feedback from people who have had success cooking pork loins. Is it better to cook these direct or indirect and if you cook these direct, won't the fat cause a flame up while they are cooking? I realize they will need to be turned. What would be a good temperature either way. Thanking you in advance for the advice.
Jerome

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Jerome,[p]I always cook my loins direct on a raised grid. It puts a nice char on the outside that I like. I turn mine every 20 or so minutes, typically cooking them 60-80 minutes total. Good luck with the cook.[p]Troy
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Jerome,
    I like to get a good T-Rex sear on them and then let them rest. After they rest I put them on a raised grid at 350 dome until a internal temp of 145 deg. The person to see regarding pork loins is "Lawn Ranger" he seems to be the guru of the loins. Do a search for Lawn Ranger in the archieves as he has some really tasty recipes for pork loins.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.