Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatties

Options
Hillbilly Willy
Hillbilly Willy Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now I know what a fattie is and I believe I can follow the directions to make and bake one on the egg. I understand that they make eggcellant sausage biscuits. The question is what do you do with the rest of it? My sweetie and I would probably only eat three sausage biscuits together. Do you reheat the leftovers for more biscuits later or use it to make some other dish like sausage gravy? I bought a couple of two pound rolls of Jimmy Dean at Sam's Club today and I am anxious to try a fattie. Anyone like to come for breakfast tomorrow?
Thanks[p]Bill

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Hillbilly Willy,[p]Slices reheat well in a warm skillet, they make good sausage gravy, a topping for ABT's, or just snacks. I like to take 4 or 5 of them to the watering hole at happy hour. You will be amazed at the flavor and the way they take on some smoke. A lot of fat renders out of store-bought ones during the 3 hour cook too. They are way less fatty (parden the pun) than when pan fried.[p]Since you are using a JD breakfast-type flavor, you can alter the flavor profile a hair by adding rub to the outside. I like to add something with some heat, since the sausage already has a sweet flavor.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Hillbilly Willy
    Options
    thirdeye, it sounds like there are plenty of uses for the leftover fattie. Hopefully I'll have time to try the sausage with some DP Firewalk on Sunday AM. Lots of peppers for ABTs right now too. So many good ideas on this forum and so little time.
    Had some decent Buffalo wings from the egg this evening. Marinated the wings in Texas Pete for four hours. On the egg and dust with DP Swamp Venom. On a raised grid (18" pizza screen)direct at 275° for about ninety minutes. Turn at thirty minutes and mop with 50/50 Texas Pete and butter. At sixty minutes, mop and open the vents to raise temp and crisp up the skin. Turn frequently as fire got hotter. Serve up with a side of Spanish rice, fresh tomatoes and peppers. Flush with Anheuser World Lager, a new offering from Anheuser-Bush in our area. Pretty good beer and it even has a non-twist-off cap like European beers.
    Bill