Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT -- Cooking weekend brisket

Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
120_2080.jpg
<p />So much diverse talk lately, one would think it's mid February. :<)[p]I wanted to cook these this past weekend, but just to dang busy. Don't say anything, but the bottom brisket is really brisket hamburger, per previous thread. [p]120_2086.jpg[p]Nothing like a challenge at 5 in the morning. Where's the duct tape![p]Happy Tuesday, T

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Sandbagger,
    I was thinking this early is tee-off time for you. Instead it is a couple of briskets. Impressive....
    ST

• Sandbagger
    Smokin' Todd, when it's dark outside, the only things on the golf course around here are snakes and Armadillos. Now, half hour after sunrise, that's perfect for gripping', rippin' and sippin! There is nothing better than being the first group out with fresh cut fairways and greens. T

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Sandbagger,
    I hope you post more photos later.
    I did 2 butts over a brisket Friday night using the BGE Raised grid. Some time during the night the raised grill fell onto the brisket. It all worked out but I lost some good char because of the meat touching. I will go back to the bricks and grid and save the BGE raised grid for ABTs.
    I did not realize how light duty the raised grill was till I got it home. Now I know why most of you use custom stuff.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg,[p]I've had the same problem with my raised grid; a small bit of fine wire around the 'feet' and the main grid proved to be a quick fix.[p]Good Eggin'
    Paul

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Sandbagger,
    How can cooking weekend brisket be off topic on this forum? Ohhhhhhhh I get it - a bit of sarcasm.[p]I for one would never had pegged you as one to whip out the satire at the drop of a hat.[p]Now lets get back to the bashing; I mean lamenting :)

• Photo Egg
    pc_egger,
    Thanks Paul,
    Would like to be able lift off in order to rotate food below. Hate to drag it out from under the raised grid and loose the rub and such. The bricks have worked well in the past. Might try to rig a small fixed bar to keep the legs firm. I don't really need it to lay flat for any reason.
    Thanks again,
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Sandbagger,
    I just got all 4 strokes back. LOL [p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    dang it........

• Sandbagger
    120_2087.jpg
    <p />The pic is six hours into the cook. The top one with the guru probe is a little wily, as the temp was bouncing back and forth between 165 and 175. I moved the probe, thinking maybe a fat spot or something. Now it has settled in and I believe working through the plateau stage. I am going to give them an hour or two longer then foil....
  • Sandbagger,[p]When you do a two level brisket cook like this, do move the bottom one to the top and the top to the bottom at some point?[p]Also, are your "Woorings" for sale some place?
  • Sandbagger
    BabyBoomBBQ , nope, just leave em on the same rack. Moving would not be hard, lift top grid off, switch meat, replace top grid. I am a real estate broker, of course I be wooring.....just email me. T
  • Photo Egg
    Sandbagger,
    The lower brisket looks killer...
    Does the top one look as good?
    The sun hitting the top makes it harder to tell.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas