Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fun cook-off question?

Options
BGE Pit Crew
BGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, and happy early 4th of July! I'm sure a lot of you have had some fun BBQ cook-off competitions? I'm looking for something simple and fun for the 4th Holiday. I have 2 large BGE's and 1 small BGE, I think my brother will bring a third large BGE to the party. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Keep smokin, Dana

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    You could do sort of an "Iron Chef" thing with burgers, dogs, ribs or whatever you feel like cooking. Let the kids judge the results.[p]Have a happy and safe 4th![p]Jim
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew,
    What size crowd do expect? Ribs,chicken burgers,dogs always a winner.If it is a small group you might to be a little more extravant.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    slow smoke some bratwurst and then place them in a cast-iron pot on top of the the bge. to the pot add drained saurkraut and beer- bring to a boil & reduce heat to simmer the mix til ready to eat
    if you need any help, i'll come and help taste- my mouth is slobering already
    :P

happy 4th
  • BGE Pit Crew
    BGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
    Options
    JSlot,[p]Thanks JSlot and darnoc! The "Iron Chef" thing is what I'm looking for. I'm sure I'll get more help as the week goes. Keep smokin and happy 4th of July, Dana