Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GrillMeister Ginger Lime Pork Tenderloins report

Options
chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
GrillMeister, that recipe you posted (yesterday, day before?) for ginger lime pork tenderloins was just fantastic! I thawed a package of pork tenderloins, cut into strips, and marinaded in the ginger-lime-oyster sauce marinade. Wove the strips onto bamboo skewers, and cooked about 6-8 minutes on a hot WGC grill. [p]My wife went bonkers! She's normally a bit leary of egg food, "too smokey" she says. No matter what I do. But this time she loved it! I' too, really liked the flavor, the ginger really came through.[p]The two things I would do differently is 1) clean out the egg first, it took too long to get up to 600, and 2) use metal skewers instead of bamboo, the ends of the bamboo burned.[p]Thanks for sharing! Sorry I didn't take pics.[p]Chuck[p]

Comments

• Madhatter
    Madhatter Posts: 139
    Options
    chuckls,
    Soak the bambo in water for an hour or so, then they wont burn off....this recipe works great with shrimp as well!

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    chuckls,[p]Thanks, but the credit goes to Nature Boy and some other forum egghead who suggested using Pork Tenderloin.[p]I only adjusted it to fit a pork product.[p]It does Rock though! Try it on chicken breasts, but add the sesame seeds. It's a whole new dimension.[p]I gotta hand it to Nature Boy, between his recipes and his rubs, I come out looking like some culinary genius. BAM![p]Thanks Nature Boy![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    chuckls,
    Can you normally find sesame seeds at any grocery store?? Where would they be at...in the spices section??

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    GenesGrill,
    Yup. -RP

• BOBF
    BOBF Posts: 177
    Options
    GenesGrill,[p]We have an oriental grocer nearby and they carry them in large containers (since I do the ginger lime chicken and tenderloins so often I need a lot). That is where I buy the oyster sauce. I note that they also sell an Oyster flavored sauce - it is not the same thing. Sort of like orange juice versus orange drink (the % of the base flavor). They also seem to be much fresher that the ones at the regular store. The ones at the oriental store are not roasted and to me have a better flavor - not as strong. Just my humble opinion.
  • GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Options
    BOBF,
    My wife normally does the grocery shopping....is the oyster sauce in a "normal" grocery store located in the spice section, bbq sauce area, or where?? Does it have a strong seafood flavor?? If so, my wife won't like it and may have to find a substitute.....

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    GenesGrill,[p]You'll find it in the Asian food section of most grocery stores.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • BOBF
    Options
    GenesGrill,[p]I do not consider it strong tasting. It certainly does not overwhelm the other flavorsin my opinion. But like any recipe, you may have to experiment. I am going to look up the brand I buy and post it in a bit.

• BOBF
    Options
    GenesGrill,[p]Here is a link that I found when trying to figure out just what Oyster Sauce was:[p]http://www.thaifoodandtravel.com/ingredients/oysters.html[p]I buy the Mae Krua brand from Thailand which appears to be the most commonly used in the US. Unfortunately, the grocers here in our town are rather limited on International items - unless it is Chinese Crawfish. Especially since the big storm - but I notice we are getting a lot of Latino products now.