Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

butt rub taste test

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be putting four 8lb butts on this evening, that is if they thaw out in time. Might need to do a cold water bath to help them along. Anywho, I thought it might be interesting to try a different rub on each one.[p]I've got at least four different commercial rubs and dozens of other recipes. Anyone got a recipe that thinks it will jazz up a butt and go into a blind taste test. If I get enough suggestions, I'll skip the commercial brands altogether.[p]Scott

Comments

• wrobs
    wrobs Posts: 109
    Options
    Hey eggor,
    I am trying something new on one of the butts I currently have on the egg... I marinated it in a Jamaican Jerk marinade and then rubbed it down with dry Jerk seasoning right before I put it on. I'm sure someone has done this but it will be my first...but I really like the Jerk flavor and figured it would be good since I've done it on pork loins. I guess I'll see around 7pm....
    As far as rubs go, I always make mine from scratch for every cook. I just just put things together until I like the flavor and with help from my 14 y/o son, we haven't been disappointed yet. I am sure whatever you do, it will be good.
    wrobs