Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib rack with 3/1/1?

Options
Topo Gigio
Topo Gigio Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like using a rib rack for my ribs. Never tired 3/1/1 (or variation). How would I do the foil stage with a rib rack? If I have to remove the slabs, do I wrap each individually or all together in one packet?[p]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Topo Gigio,[p]I remove them and wrap each rack individually in heavy duty foil then I lay them back on the grid without the rack meat side down.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Topo Gigio,[p]Wrap each rack, meat down, in it's own wrapper. You can move them into a preheated oven for this stage of the cook.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • PCO3
    PCO3 Posts: 50
    Options
    Topo Gigio,[p]I actually use the 3/2 method. I grill at 225 for 3 hours and then slather in my favorite BBQ sauce and place in tin foil and cook another 2 hours. Comes out the way I like them at least. They will fall off the bone but still firm. I am using Sam's Club baby back ribs which are Flintones huge though.