Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

no more nuked beans for this boy!!!

Options
eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1624_1.jpg
<p />It kinda bugged me that I'ld make dinner on the egg, but then when we got ready dive in, a can of corn, beans or whatever got nuked... just doesn't make sense when the egg has bean going at it so long.[p]Grill space is usally at a premium, so I made up this little kettle hook. I'm hoping it maintains its shape once I put some heat to it. The kettle is by Lodge and holds 2 cups, basically I 15 oz can fills it up.[p]Always thinkin...[p]Scott

Comments

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    eggor, Cute!! I love it. Let me know how it works. sue

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    eggor,[p]That would be good for keeping your mop warm too! [p]The link below is one of the few bean dishes that I use canned beans for. Of course, they are jazzed up with onion & garlic and cooked down in beer. Give 'er a try.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    eggor,
    Hey, that's cool. A dome hook. You gonna call it Linus?
    Clay

• eggor
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]when I saw the little kettle I thought the same thing, dang near a toy... but since it does hold a 2 cups it's just about the right size for a side dish for four. I'll post a pic tonight since I get to cook![p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Beans and Beer!!! [p]Guess who'll be sleeping in the guest room!!![p]By the way, I tried a different version of beans the other day, kind of a sweetened style, didn't really knock my socks off so I will give your recipe a try.[p]Scott

• eggor
    Options
    ClayQ,[p]just got back from a canoe trip, kinda fun![p]Brought our Lab with us... she wined the whole time she was in the canoe, and then barked at us the whole time swimming after us... we're getting pretty good at NOT capsizing when she climbs back in.[p]Linus won't work though, gotta be a dog's name... and I ain't namin a dog Linus.[p]Now I did have a dog named 'Buck', so this would be a PotBuck or maybe BeanBuck?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    eggor,
    I gotta have one of those - where did you find it?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggor
    Options
    RRP,[p]The kettle I picked up at a local store that has a huge suppl of Lodge cookware and other great stuff. The now newly somewhat dubbed BeanBuck I made... [p]why can't I find this stuff when I go shopping, it would make it so much easier :-)

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    eggor,
    I thought I had all the cute little toys from Lodge. Never seen this one. Must have.[p]Thanks for the pic.[p]Mike

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Oh that is too cool![p]I need one!!