Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork ready a little early

Larry McSassLarry McSass Posts: 56
edited 6:23PM in EggHead Forum
Anyone have any suggestions....my butts went from 167 internal to 185 over the past hour and a half. I am guessing that they will be done soon. My guests are not coming over until 6:00 tonight. I know you can wrap in foil for a while, but probaby not 9 hours. How do people reheat? On stove, crockpot??? Any suggestions on what to do? As of now I am lowering the dome to about 200 hoping to slow it down for the end. Any help would be great.

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    Larry McSass,
    one, you can back off dome temps. drop to 200 if you can.[p]the other thing is to let her go to an internal as high as 205 before taking it off, wrapping in foil and tossing it into a small cooler.[p]she'll stay warm (140 or better) for maybe 4 hours, and that's safe, food wise

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    Larry McSass,
    I've used the cooler method, using foil, then wrapped in 3 beach towels. It registered 160º after 7 hours. No problems with taste, moisture, or texture. Pays to be prepared for those "early bird" suprises.