Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'M COOKIN!

61chev
61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
just put my pork roast and country style ribs on got the dome stabilzed at 250 little mustard and dizzy pig couple of meaquite chunks and away we go planning on having it ready for this evening
3# roast and 6 ribs totaling about 3# also. what internal should i shoot for with the roast? have a good day!

Comments

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    61 CHEV,
    What cut of meat is the roast? Does it have a bone in?[p]Banker John

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    61 CHEV,[p]For a pork loin that size, I'd shoot for 145-150. Just make sure the juices run clear. It will still cook for a few minutes after pulling and end up in the mid 155-160 range.[p]Let us know how they turn out and post pics if you can.
  • 61chev
    Banker John,
    it's a boneless pork shoulder roast

• Banker John
    Banker John Posts: 583
    61 CHEV,
    I hope I am not too late. For a boneless pork shoulder roast, the temp would depend on what your final intentions are. If you want pulled pork, then pull at 200. If you want it sliced but still very tender, pull it at 185-190.[p]Enjoy! - Banker John

• 61chev
    thanks the info i'll remember and do that next just got in a hurry and pulled everthing at the same time the ribs were done an i was afraid they would dry out to much they were very good sliced them about 1/4" put a little sauce on and made sandwiches the roast was about 160 when i pulled it and foiled it let it rest then sliced it it was very tasty just not tender enough to pull next time i'll be more patient i'm to worried about creamating something
    thanks for the response