Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It Became Hash

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At this point I am almost happier the day after I cook a brisket than I am the day I cook one. Last night as I was trimming the fat from the meat for dinner, the vision of roast beef hash started to fill my head. I had the kids get four potatoes, an onion, a carrot and a little celery. I diced all of them up and tossed them in a cast iron skillet with some peanut oil. In order to help the potatoes to cook quickly, I figured that a little steam was needed. Well, the beer in my hand solved that problem nicely. It was about a half cup of liquid. I let everything sit for ten minutes.[p]After that amount of time, I noticed the veggies were sticking a little. I loosened up the potatoes with a stiff shot of Jim Beam (They were much happier after that) and I added the diced brisket meat. Now, keep in mind that the rub on the brisket was basically DP Red Eye Surprise. I mixed everything up to coat the veggies with the rub from the meat. I let skillet continue to cook for another ten minutes.[p]When the timer rang, it was time to eat. We served the hash simply with a salad. In hindsight, I should have fried an egg to top off the hash. I had the leftovers for lunch today. There is no denying the smoky flavor that the BGE gives the meat and the unique flavor of Dizzy Pig Red Eye Surprise.[p]Just sharing,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments