Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how to keep butts fresh for about 20 hours

Options
Jason
Jason Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone, I am putting on 4-butts late tonight and hope to have them done by Sat. afternoon for a party at noon on Sunday, any thoughts on how to keep buts fresh/moist, I have read the post about the Coke-Classic, should I wrap butts in foil store in a cooler and wait to pull butts apart sunday morning, any thought and ideas are very much appreciated,, Thanks Jason

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    JASON ,
    they need to be pulled warm, and if they cool down entirely before pulling, it'll take forever to warm them up to pulling temp.[p]if they are done saturday for a sunday meal, then pull them saturday and put them in ziploc bags.[p]you don't 'need' to add coke, etc. to them when reheating necessarily but you may want to depending on how you are reheating.[p]
    if it's my wife and I, we'll just microwave some. not harm in that, and it doesn't dry anything out. in fact, i find it helps keep it moister.[p]but if you have a crowd, microwaving in batches is a pain and it looks pretty cheesey.[p]foil pans in a low (250) oven, covered with foil, will do the trick and fill the house with a nice smokey BBQ smell.[p]it's in the pans that some folks do the coke thing, which i don't think hurts

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante