Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

plannin dinner for tonight ???

eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hey guys, dicided to whip up somthin special for dinner tonight, was planning on 'tenderloin tips' that I had eons ago at a family restuarant. Everytime I went there, with my parents, this is what I ordered. My brother always went for their cheeseburger and fries, sisters always went for the seafood.[p]I've got a few ribeyes thawing out, and thought I can cube these up as kind of a mok tenderloin tip. Not sure how the restaurant actually cooked these, seemed more like it may have been pan seared with something special as far as oils and seasonings.[p]Also planning on veggy kabobs, have a recipe for those but kinda complicated.[p]Finally, I've heard of twice baked potatoes, even had 'em. Have no idea how to make 'em but I do have a couple leftover baked potatoes in the fridge.[p]IDEAS!!!???[p]Scott

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    eggor,
    Hey Scott,[p]Twice baked potatoes are easy. Take the potatoes you got that are already cooked and slice them in half lengthwise. Scrape out all the inside potato and be careful to not puncture the skin.[p]Now mix the potato innards with some butter and a little sour cream or milk and a lot of cheese (I use cheddar) and some green onion and of course salt and pepper. Spoon or pipe this back into the potato and then top with more cheese or bacon and cheese. I started hitting the top with Raging River lately and that has added a very nice twist.[p]Just heat them back up until the cheese melts and browns a little.

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Bobby-Q,
    Kaye makes those and I love them...Did you get your ring Tom was making you for the XL?
    Larry

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    YB,
    I sure did. Haven't had a chance to cook test it yet, but as soon as I feel better I'll give it a try. It looks pretty sweet though.

• eggor,
    Twice baked potatoes are the best, I just carve out the centers and mix them with some pimento cheese, ranch dressing and bacon bits, put the filling back in the skin and 30 minutes over a 250 fire just to warm them back up.

• DSCF0068.jpg
    <p />eggor,
    Probably to late. Bacon, 1 egg, milk, green onions, shredded cheese, mayo.
    Don'y bake to long or they will dry out.
    Thanks for the donations.[p]Mike

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Car Wash Mike,
    yep, too slow to pull the trigger :-) but I used Bobby-Q's tips. Thanks.[p]By the way, thank ToyMan, Sigmore, Curt Hill(don't know his handle), and Haggis. I just worked as the middleman...[p]Scott