Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally - a decent rack of pork ribs

Toy Man
Toy Man Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After years of trying, I finally cooked a damn good rack of pork back ribs. Instead of indirect and/or foiling, I cooked them direct. My main grid is on bolts and sets even with the gaskets. I fastened the extended grid on top of that. Then got the heat to about 225-235 and put them on. Half of the rack was just salt and pepper, the other half was salt,pepper plus an initial coating of Butch's sauce. I further basted this half when it looked like it needed it with Bone Suckin Sauce. I occasionally flipped the 1/2 racks at 30 or 60 minute intervals. Sprayed with apple juice if I thought they needed it. Four hours and some temp variations later the Thermopen said 195. [p]They were perfectly cooked IMHO. The half with Bone Suckin Sauce tasted like candy. They were too sweet to turn in at a competition but the texture would have been right on.[p]Now I'm eager to see if I can repeat this cook.[p]Toy Man

Comments