Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Crown Roast

Options
BGE Pit Crew
BGE Pit Crew Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all, I looked at the archives, but really didn't help. I have a 10.5lb crown roast for Christmas day. The only recipe I found was in Smoke-n-Spice (creole crown roast), looks good but any other comments/suggestions/whatever is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all and have a great and safe Christmas and New Year Holiday.[p]Keep smokin, Dana

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Here is what I posted the other day...The one we cooked at Eggtoberfest this year was stuffed with Jimmy Dean sausage with sage,1/2 chopped apple,onion and a hand full of chopped mushrooms.Let me know if I can help.
    Larry

[ul][li]Crown Roast[/ul]
  • BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    YB,[p]Hi Larry, I know your crown roast's very well from Eggtoberfest's (very, very good). I purchased a 10.5lb roast. My wife is making the stuffing in the oven from Giadia De Laurentiis (Everday Italian). Question: should I egg indirect with plate-setter/drip-pan at 300? I will have no stuffing inside, so I'm a little concerned. Thanks for all the help, and have a great holiday![p]Keep smokin, Dana
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew,
    Indirect with plate-setter/drip-pan at 300 is the way to do it.Dana the main thing is to take it of the egg when the thick part of the roast reaches 145.
    Larry

• BGE Pit Crew
    Options
    YB,[p]Larry, thank you very much! I'm sure it will be fantastic. Take care and happy holidays.[p]Keep smokin, Dana

• Nessmuk
    Nessmuk Posts: 251
    Options
    BGE Pit Crew,
    You are missing an important aspect of cooking a crown pork roast. The center filler is very important to the overall taste of the roast.[p]Either the pork adds taste to the filler or the filler adds taste to the roast.[p]We have tried most fillers to include, rice, stuffing, cornbread, Italian sausage, etc.[p]Our family prefers hot Italian sausage. It gives a distinct taste to the pork.[p]Good luck & let us know how it turns out.