Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the best way to reheat ABTs?

Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made a batch of ABTs for lunch at work on Monday. What you all recomend as a method to reheat them?[p]Thanx,
Jethro

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Jethro, seeing that I purposefully make ABTs ahead for a daily snack I find I can bring them back to life by nuking two at a time for 14 sec on high. OTOH it sounds like you want to serve many at once...if so I'd try 6 at a time for say 45 seconds at a reduced power of no more than 70%. Probably better to do a trial & error to prevent ruining the bacon cauz the rest of the ingredients can take the heat. PLEASE LET US KNOW, you holiday pathfinder, you!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    RRP, If they are cooked to perfection, which I have achieved on several occasions, they are good cold, just like pizza. If it ain't good cold, you screwed up the cooking approach.

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    RRP,
    I'd experiment with a broiler oven. One of those counter top varieties if one is available.

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Ron,[p]Thanks I'll give it a try.[p]I don't know about the pathfinder, I think it was just the clown in me. You know when I got the email ...let me know what you will bring and I'll put a list together to forward to the group...[p]It just screamed at me, ATOMIC BUFFALO TURDS![p]I am sure they can harldy wait :-).[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro