Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spice up your holiday nuts

eggor
eggor Posts: 777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1403_1.jpg
<p />with a little butt rub!!![p]just use a little vegetable oil to coat the nuts, sprinkle on the rub, let it sit for about an hour for the nuts to absorb the oil and you got a top notch snack. If you don't use oil all the rub will end up in the bottom of the bowl, not on the nuts. Enjoy![p]Scott

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    eggor,
    Try this, too.

[ul][li]Smoked Almonds[/ul]
  • eggor,[p]
    i like to do that with chex mix and hidden valley ranch seasoning!!!

• Just adding my 2 cents to the nickel conversation.
    Put pecans in a ziplock and pour honey in and coat all pieces. Put them on a pizza pan and bake for 15 minutes max at 325-350 just watch and don't burn them.
    Put sugar in another ziploc bag and put the hot pieces in the bag and coat with sugar. I use sugar and cinnamon. You're done. Almonds work well too. Be sure to look for shells.
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Bob,[p]I went to the local mom and pop grocer(love that place for character)but they only had slivers, shell on, and already seasoned and roasted. Been wanting to try Chuckls reicpe also. Tis the season.[p]Scott

[ul][li]chuckls almonds[/ul]
  • Does anyone know how to approximate those expensive addictive designer almonds (I think they are from Spain?) that have recently come out and are sort of puffy and very crisp? Are they just deep fried or, or did they follow BGE suggestions to soak in salt water? Have you tried the soak with skinless almonds?[p]
  • chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    eggor,[p]I'm taking a break from making some Christmas ornaments for some eggers. So I thought I'd browse the forum. Now after seeing this again, I've got to get the ornaments in the furnace so I can start a batch of smoked almonds to have while enjoying at least the last part of the Bronco's game![p]Chuck