Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

optional stand

Options
Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been doing research for the last week and I think it's time to take the plunge and buy my BGE. There is a dealer in my town. My question: What are board feelings about the quality of the optional stand? The wheels look small for that kind of weight. I will like to wheel mine in and out of my garage (for storage). The garage has a one inch lip where the concrete dips to the drive. I plan to buy the large, 18.25" model. I appreciate any input about this stand! :-)

Comments

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 45
    Options
    Charlie,[p]I love my stand, you will just to go over the lip easy as the tires are not pneumatic. But it rolls very easy.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Charlie,
    that stand is more sturdy than you might think and the wheels will handle that 1" ledge with ease. OTOH permit me to give you one good tip...learn to always pull your BGE toward you and never push it. It is a bit top heavy and if a wheel(s) were to meet resistance - even a small rock on your driveway that can cause it to tip. If it tips while pulling it - it will fall toward you so that you can pervent a fall - but if it falls from pushing it you may have a broken egg!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Inna Avrelina
    Options
    The suggestion that he pull the egg instead of pushing it is excellent. But he would have figured it out sooner or later anyway.
  • Charlie
    Options
    RRP, thanks for the quick replies, guys. That really makes me feel better. I have an Oklahoma Joe smoker now, weighs 450 pounds and is just too heavy although I like it. This Egg sounds great and I look forward to using it!

• Charlie, I have four larges that I roll in and out of our cook trailer and around cook sites. So far I have had no problems but I don't let anyone else move them. A few weeks back someone posted a posted a picture that had a piece of what looked to be 3/4" by maybe 2'x2' mounted to the bottom of the stand. They then mounted wider casters to this.
    I thought about buiding a wagon that would hold two with 6" tires on it to make mmoving earier but space in the trailer would limit that. Just remember to go slow and pull not push.[p]Good EGGIN' to You,
    Poppasam

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    I replaced my wheels to the 3" size & it rolls much better.