Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way to reheat Pulled Pork?

Options
Zilm-disabled
Zilm-disabled Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that this has been posted numerous times but what is the best method of reheating pulled portk. I stopped by Dreamland Bar-b-Que yesterday and picked up some of their sauce to serve with it since their sauce is far better then anything that I have ever come up with.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Zilm,
    are you looking for reheating in bulk or just enough for a couple sandwiches at a time?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BrianP
    BrianP Posts: 147
    Options
    RRP,
    I would like advice for both of these situations. I have to do several butts for a Christmas gathering away from home. I will need to cook them ahead of time, freeze the meat, and reheat later. Any advice would be most appreciated.[p]BrianP

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    BrianP,
    Well for packaging for individual meals I find 1/2 cup packed solid per sandwich works for us. I then seal them with my Food Saver. To reheat I merely place the sealed bag in a pot of water on the stove and heat that way. As for bulk just freeze the p/p in 4 + or - pound packages. Then for reheating thaw and place in a crock pot. Now here you have to trust me because it sounds weird, but pour over the pork 1 full 12 oz can of Coca-Cola. The regular stuff - not the diet as it won't work - nor will Pepsi - it has to be Classic Coke. That will provide enough moisture to allow your p/p to reheat, not dry out and taste great. Don't worry about it being sweet as it won't be. In fact I don't even tell people this little trick as it sounds unconventional. Instead I just smile and accept their compliments of how great it tastes! As for sauce I serve that on the side and offer two or three choices including a terrific mustard based one.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BrianP
    BrianP Posts: 147
    Options
    RRP,
    Well this does sound unconventional. If I am in a household with 15-odd people milling around I suspect I wouldn;t be able to sneak the Coke in. Do you think something like chicken stock would work?

thanks,
    Brian