Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp Limit - Humidity??

Options
Fisheyes
Fisheyes Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live in South Florida and the humidity down here is in the 90% range this time of year. Earlier this year (winter and spring), I could get my egg up to 900 F. Now, I can only get about 600 F.[p]THe fire box is clean and I am using new lump. Could the humidity level be limiting my fire temp? If not, what do you think could be the issue? I would like at least 750 for my high temp searing.[p]By the way, I've had my egg for 9 months and I've gained about 15 pounds. Ouch![p]Thanks,
Brad

Comments

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    Fisheyes, I live in pembroke pines, so far no trouble getting the hi temps for searing. Could be used lump which doesn't always reheat to 700. I've had mine since june, and always add some fresh to the old stuff.
    Mike

• billyg
    billyg Posts: 315
    Options
    take a hair dryer and blow in that bottom vent. you'll get the temp. but god is tell'in you to cook on lower temps, stuff like fish. I like that myself but it doesn't beat a great steak seared at 700.
    do well, stay healthly
    billyg