Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

buy that egg now!

Options
eggdog
eggdog Posts: 38
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i'm from louisiana. bbq is in our blood. stumbled across this cult a while back. researched some great sites like naked whiz, dizzy pig. lusted over the lone ranger's utensils. asked a few questions in the forum and got wonderful insights and answers. discussed the BGE with my best buddy, who doesn't know squat about bbq. a nimrod. (but a fine fella). he went out and bought one. didn't do a thing for a week, but had some people from the new orleans area staying with him and decided to go for it. he raved about it. he called me for my most secret family recipe for a turkey baste. i silently scoffed. i am the turkey maestro and knew he couldn't cook a turkey with charcoal. the following day he raved about the turkey. enough is enough. went out and just got a large BGE. they delivered it this afternoon. got a couple of really nice aged black angus filets, reviewed the trex method and fired that baby up. i was stunned! in seven minutes temps were reaching 500. my gas weber, a great tool that i have had for five years, maxes out at about 550. i originally left charcoal cuz it takes a d#mn hour to get the charcoal to settle down, and from then on you are cooking with waning heat. end of story, wonderful steaks. i have a bit of doubting thomas in me. i trexed the steaks per naked whiz and they were superb. i realize there is a a lot to learn. regardless, i can tell you, if you are considering a BGE, do it now. it's an amazing piece of work.. btw, mention my enthusiasm to the company. maybe i can get a commission. finally, does anyone have any plans for a BGE trailer i can tow behind my harley?

Comments