Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

venison tenderloin

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
neighbor gave me a nice venison tenderloin. I have no idea as to how to marinate? or grill it? Help. Appreciated.[p]Ray Price

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Babyray,
    Put on your favorite steak rub and sear this just like a steak. Take it off with an internal temp of 125-130 and let it sit for a few niuntes before cutting into it. It is very lean; no fat. Any steal marinade will also work. Just don't over cook it. Have fun.

• Babyray,
    Much as I love to grill/bbq meat, this is something that is much better cooked other ways. I cook lots of deer meat. I much prefer to cook deer tenderloin like this. Saute it in a frying pan with olive oil, butter onions and mushrooms. Just get it barely done. It will melt in your mouth. It has NO FAT so grilling and BBqing just dry it out.

• Lakenapa
    Lakenapa Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this is way too late to help, but this is what I do:

Marinade in Nestea Onion Dip mixed with 1 cup olive oil. Put in a ziploc bag for 3+ days. Sear over high heat (about 4 to 7 minutes a side) until barely done (rare). DO NOT OVERCOOK. You can always put it back on or let it cook itself as it cools. Marinade removes even the slightest hint of gaminess. This will melt in your mouth.