Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Wins!!!

Options

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chubby,
    I really hope so.[p]Mike

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    drbbq,
    Way to Go!! Congratulations to Chris and the whole team!!!
    I can't "really" say that I am surprised, since I have tasted your cooking. ;) I'm sure you guys deserved it and I also bet theres more to come.[p]later,
    Ron.[p]

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Baring some sort of inter-stellar foul up....(or my wife throwing a fit),[p]Chubby says..."It's on!!"[p]Evans[p]KC Strips tonight (In your honor)....see trex response
    post above!!

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    drbbq,
    The Karma was obviously overwhelming. Congratulations to all![p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,A Big Green Egg Congrates to the Dizzy Pig Team. You guys are doing a great job. I'm sure more folks are are taking a second look at the EGG now. Also I'm sure Ray gets a good feeling knowing one of his students is doing the walk.[p]Keep it Up,
    Poppasam

• mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    drbbq,
    I gotta chime in too!! Congrats Chris!!! [p]mule

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    drbbq,[p]That's FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go DP team![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Dragon Fire
    Options
    drbbq,
    Awesome news! Thanks for the update, Ray. I just want to let out a big Woooooooooo Doggy but my sleeping family prolly wouldn't understand.[p]Great job, Chris, Ken, and John. Can't wait to hear the details.

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    drbbq,
    WOW!!! Major congrats to the boyz!!! Joe

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    drbbq,
    Now that just rocks. I know those guys gotta be loving life ater that and they so deserve it.[p]This news just tops off a really great evening!!

• Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,[p]Way to go Chris, Kenny, and John.
    Two outta three ain't bad.[p]Bryan

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Way to go, Chris and the whole DP gang!!!!!!!! You guys are on fire!!!!!![p]Jim
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!![p]Now a Major force to be reckoned with![p]Way to go men. You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![p]BBQ Bob
  • yoyo_in_atlanta
    Options
    drbbq,[p]That is just wonderful news! Yeeeeehaaaaa.

• Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,[p]That Rocks! Congrats to the DP crew![p]Brews,
    Matt.

• Unknown
    Options
    grand-champs.jpg
    <p />Thanks Ray, and everyone else! As usual the day after a late return home finds me tired, spacy, dazed, and backed up on work, but I want to respond now because the kind congrats here has me floored! We really appreciate the generous support from you all.[p]Seeing all the good teams there that take their craft seriously was humbling, and taking grand was quite unexpected. Our good friend Chuck Watson came out to help Woo, Hatch and I, and he was a fantastic addition to the team. The organizers put on an amazingly fun contest, and the local people and all of the teams were super friendly. We are hooked on this contest, and will return next year.[p]I have to get some work done, but I will try and get some pictures up after I get caught up. Here is one that a friend sent me of us about to go on the news. What am ultimate rush. Congrats to Rich and the Lost Nation crew, the Prokitects, and all of the other winners!![p]Thanks again yall....from the whole team!
    Chris

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Wildwood4.jpg
    <p />Thanks Everyone! Chris's expression says it better than words ever could.... heee heeeeeee![p]
    A few more shots.....
    On the way to Wildwood NJ, the drive through the monsoon over the Delaware.
    Wildwood1.jpg[p]
    After the storm... Friday setup and planning with Nature Boy, Chuck and Hatch.
    Wildwood3.jpg[p]
    Chris and Kenny prepping the briskets.
    Wildwood5.jpg[p]Good friends and Reserve Champion Lost Nation Smoke Company.
    Rich Decker, on far left, should have gotten an award for largest team at the event..... there are at least 6 more members not pictured!
    Wildwood2.jpg[p]What a blast.... the town of Wildwood rolled out the red carpet and made everyone feel at home and part of the family. What a great time..... cheers![p]John

[p][p]

• Unknown
    Options
    capt john,
    It was great seeing yall. Thanks for sending the pictures! I posted one of them above. Appreciate the kind words, and glad you stopped by.
    Chris

• Hatch
    Hatch Posts: 149
    Options
    drbbq,
    Thanks Ray, What a weekend, Wildwood is a blast. Great people all around, the local people were some of the friendliest we've ever encountered and the teams were all enjoying themselves.
    Thanks to all the well wishers here on the forum, you guys are the best. I think Nature Boy is still in a daze from all the attention we've gotten.
    Thanks again everyone,
    Kenny

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I thought you had to have several folks on the team that topped 250lbs. You guys all have tape worms or what?[p]Congrats on the win!
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    drbbq,[p]It's amazing how far you guys came in such a short time. How long ago was it you got your first egg?[p]Congrats![p]This proves hard work and a good team is key to success at any level.[p]Mick

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Curly,[p]I think the expression "never trust a skinny cook" needs to be amended to "never trust a skinny cook unless he just won another Grand Champion."[p]A not so skinny cook,
    Cornfed

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Curly,
    No, I couldn't make this particular event.
    Qfan

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    To you all:
    Congrats! Just read the news. No more deserving than you Dizzy Dudes.
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Curly,
    Thanks. That's funny!
    Chris (weighing in at a robust 185)

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    WAYDAGO TEAM DIZZY PIG!!![p]Nice carved awards too![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Yes certainly nice carved awards.
    Those Dizzy Dudes pose great as champions with those awards. ALthough they are very modest by nature as they say "they have a lot to learn"...I think we can all agree that many can learn from them. I just hope these other big name KCBS teams dont mind sharing fame 'cause Dizzy is well on it's way to the top--if not there already.
    Congrats boys and keep 'em coming.
    ST

• wfd146
    wfd146 Posts: 36
    Options
    drbbq,
    ...for all of the Wayne's World fans:[p](bowing...)...We're not worthy, we're not worthy....we're not worthy!!![p]Dizzy Boys, you dudes are the shiznit!!![p]Mike

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Way to go guys, you'd better log on over at the Naked Whiz and freshen up on your table bracing skills for that trophy table.[p]But one unanswered question yet remains: Did the Kobe make it into the turn in box?[p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Thanks man. I could sleep on that table ya know. The Kobe brisket? Yes, some of it did end up in the box. ;-)
    Cheers back
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ