Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket 911!

Eggtuary
Eggtuary Posts: 400
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I fell asleep this afternoon (only got 3 hours sleep last night), and I awoke to an Egg that is pegging 250F, but my 6.7 lb brisket is still at a mere 167F after 11.5 hours. I need to serve this bad boy in 2 hours or so. Do I need to bump the temp up some? Do I need to wrap in foil? [p]Any and all help will be much appreciated![p]

Comments

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Eggtuary,
    You need to keep it cooking untill it reaches about 190. You don't want to serve shoeleather.Best of luck.

• JeffHughes
    JeffHughes Posts: 100
    Eggtuary,[p]Bump to 300, wrap the brisket in foil, you should be okay...

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Eggtuary,[p]See if you can make it to 170 then wrap that sucker in foil and leave it on the Egg till it gets to 190 or so. It should finish just in time.[p]TRex
  • Eggtuary
    Thanks for all the help![p]So, you say it should hit 190F just in time. Does that mean I won't bother with the step where you stick it in a warm ice chest for 1/2 hour or more? Instead, I'll just pull it off the grill and serve it immediately?[p]Thanks again!
  • Salmon
    Salmon Posts: 146
    Eggtuary,[p]Twer it me, I'd let it rest in the cooler for at least a half hour. It will be more tender if you do. They have a tendency to be a bit tough if served right off the grill. [p]But, if time is gonna be an issue, ya gotta do what you gotta do.[p]Rick
  • Eggtuary
    Thanks for all the help, guys! Our guests arrived late, so I was able to leave the brisket on until a little past 190F, then let it sit in the cooler for over a half hour. It came out tender and delicious. [p]You guys (and gals) keep making me look good! Thanks again![p]Mike