Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Refrigerator Stir Fry

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
This is Kung Pao Chicken... I mean Kung Pao pork with stuff from the refrigerator - bell pepper, onion, shishito peppers, peanuts, garlic, and a sauce made from what sounded good. It was a mix of regular and dark soy, dry white wine, chili sesame oil, garlic chili sauce, oyster sauce, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth + some cornstarch. It was pretty good and I didn’t have to stand in the Heat very long. 

Stay safe. Stay cool. Thanks for looking. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Nice cook @SciAggie.  The sauce had a lot goin on and sounds interesting 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Nice cook @SciAggie.  The sauce had a lot goin on and sounds interesting 
    Now that I think about it I put a splash of fish sauce in there too, lol. This was inspired by your recent stir fries...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Very fine meal. I could eat a lot of that. 

Is that a red shisito? I've only had green ones. The green ones have nice flavor, with mild heat, but I wouldn't more more zing to them. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Oyster sauce doesn't play in Szechuan cooking, but I'd still hit it!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SciAggie
    Options
    Botch said: 
    Oyster sauce doesn't play in Szechuan cooking, but I'd still hit it!  
    Lol. I agree. That’s why it’s refrigerator stir fry... 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    That looks phenomenal!
    Stillwater, MN
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    ....all is game for frog stir fry. Extra points for the white lice. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    nice cook.  my fridge contains a duck breast proscuitto, a jar of capers and a handle of gin. i dont see making this in the near future =) though i want to
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks y’all. I’m enjoy the little bit of produce from the garden and my freezer stash. It makes for fewer trips to the Petri dish we call our grocery store. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon