Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Poppers & Ribs

Hope everyone has had a great 4th! I did poppers and baby backs on the egg and it turned out amazing. I haven’t done ribs on my egg in a few years, have defaulted to my pellet grill. I will have to say yes, the pellet grill is so easy but the taste doesn’t even compare to the egg, I’ve been missing out! Did the ribs at 250ish for 2hrs, then wrapped for 1.5hrs and finished it off with some KosmoQ rib glaze. We were very happy how it all turned out! 

Durham, NC

Comments

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Great minds think alike. Yours look great! 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    Nice looking poppers !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Very nice
    cook
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Those poppers look good. It all looks great - I’ve just been seeing so many folks cooking ABTs that I’m getting hungry for them. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • the_crease
    the_crease Posts: 132
    ABTs look way crispier than when I normally make em.  Outstanding! 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Nice cook right there.  Great finish on the ABT's.  
    You have way more patience with the ABT's as I forego the toothpick being old and lazy  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.