Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day BGE application (EggGenus) connection issues

Options
Anyone else have connection issues on Father's Day. The BGE application, used with EggGenus, would not connect. The next day it connected just fine. 

Comments

• NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    It uses the Flameboss servers. Have been other occasions that they have been down on popular cooking holidays. There is an option to connect directly to the EggGenius without using the servers just no temp control out of range. 
  • Wolfeman
    Wolfeman Posts: 18
    Options
    I remember having a problem at some point in the past. I sent messages to FlameBoss and the owner of the company called me the next morning at 7am to help talk me through what I needed to do to get reconnected. That kind of service speaks volumes to me.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Wolfeman said:
    I remember having a problem at some point in the past. I sent messages to FlameBoss and the owner of the company called me the next morning at 7am to help talk me through what I needed to do to get reconnected. That kind of service speaks volumes to me.
    Not to try to one-up you on service - but Smobot Servers had an issue Memorial Day morning and responded to my email (and fixed the issue) within 15 minutes. On a holiday. 
    New Orleans LA